June moon tune
The April classes approach. Woooo
This means that also, soon the April classes will be gone. Then June/August classes.
Here are some thoughts on what those months will look like:
– Poetry of the Sages (poetry, language, and the spirit of the dharma)
– Practice intensives (daylong retreats, or longer)
– Basic meditation 2 (building on Meditation 101, we’ll extend the teachings on mindfulness, and work with a few “new” meditation techniques)
– Communication, space, mind (communication is one of those big buzzwords- what does it mean, how does this relate to energy, what’s the line between skillful communication, gentleness, and manipulation, what’s the line between skillful communication and magic?)
– Practicing with nature (meditation and dharma in the context of the natural world)
I’m getting enthusiastic thinking about it! Good stuff. If you’re interested, let me know. If you’re tentative, maybe don’t let me know, or maybe you could. If cost is an issue, as always, just “start a conversation” as a teacher friend of mine used to say. I’d rather have more people in a class, and a little less moolah than a small class with everyone “paid up.”
One more thought- Recycling! The way I see it, these groups could extend way beyond classes. If there’s interest, we could spend some time outside, walking around, cleaning up trash from an area. Why not?
- Practice meditation (dailyplanit.wordpress.com)
- Anybody for any more? (maitreyabuddhistcentre.wordpress.com)
- How Good Is Meditation? (happinessguru.wordpress.com)